deactivate license to use it on new computer

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by SesztakS, Nov 20, 2021.

1. RogerV3

RogerV3 Bit poster

Is there another channel or way to get assistance from you? You don't answer this, don't answer the Messenger. Any email or ticket platform?

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we request you to create a support ticket https://kb.parallels.com/6571 to get assisted via email.

3. RogerV3

RogerV3 Bit poster

Great! Thanks!

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we are happy to guide you. Please reach us back for any further queries.

5. JoeE1

JoeE1 Bit poster

I am having the same problem. Trying to activate a license on a new MacBook Air. The license was on an old MacBook Pro that I am retiring. Please help.

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, please let us know exactly what is the error message you are getting.

7. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

8. TaeK1

TaeK1 Bit poster

Hello, I am having a similar license issue.

I am attempting to install and activate parallels desktop 19 on my new Mac. Based on KB 123461, there should be a button called Activate on this Mac but there is no button displayed. It displays my license has reached activation limit when I enter my product key. I am not able to deactivate my license on the old Mac and activate parallels with my current license on my new Mac. I do not want to buy a new Parallels Desktop 19 license since I should be able to use my existing active license. I also no longer have my old Mac. How can I get this license issue resolved on my new Mac?

9. Trishna Oobeyram

Trishna Oobeyram Staff Member

Hello @TaeK1
    Kindly check your personal message.
    Regards,

10. TaeK1

TaeK1 Bit poster

Hello Trishna,

Thank you for getting back to me. My order reference number is 422677840. If you need my product/license key, can you provide the email I should send it so I do not post it in the forum thread?

Regards.

11. TaeK1

TaeK1 Bit poster

@Trishna Oobeyram - I was able to get my activation limit for my license key reset. Thank you for your help!

12. LeonardoP4

LeonardoP4 Bit poster

Same problem here

13. VladimirB9

VladimirB9 Bit poster

Hello, is anyone from Parallels here? I need to move my Parallels Desktop for Mac Standard 18 to another Mac. When I tried to "activate" it from my existing licence, I'm getting a message that I need to upgrade to PRO first. But why? I don't want to upgrade. I just want the standard version.
    And I can't find the way to deactivate my other active licence. It's complicated and your support doesn't answer :(
    By the way, as you can see, there is a mix-up: one screenshot shows that I have 2 licences for Parallels Desktop 18 and the second shows that I have a V18 and a V12, which is true. Anyway, both are activated. I need to deactivate both and upgrade the V12 to the new version if it's possible. But nobody would send me the offer when I asked for it.
    Could someone please help me?
    Thank you!

Snímka obrazovky 2023-12-11 o 19.06.32.png
    Snímka obrazovky 2023-12-11 o 18.58.43.png Snímka obrazovky 2023-12-11 o 18.59.17.png

Attached Files:

14. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Do not click on upgrade to Pro.

Only select the license key and click on Activate.

Thanks

15. VladimirB9

VladimirB9 Bit poster

Only select the license key and click on Activate.

Thanks[/QUOTE