Deleting One VM

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Wally_Mac, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Wally_Mac

Wally_Mac Member

Over the past couple of moths I've been adding, removing various programs and testing various applications using Parallels and Windows XP Home Edition. This past week I installed a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro and currently I have two Virtual Machines running under Parallels. To make a long story short, I would like to remove all of the Windows XP Home Edition without affecting the newly installed (and running perfectly) Windows XP Pro VM.

Is their a specific removal procedure/program, or do I simply go into the "Library/Parallels" folder and remove the XP-Home files/folder?

Thanks in advance for your assistance and clarification.

2. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

All you need is to open the particular VM you'd like to delete in Parallels (just don't start it) and go to the File - Delete menu on the Mac OS menubar. Then just follow the Wizard's instructions.

3. Wally_Mac

Wally_Mac Member

Spectre,
    Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction.... I never noticed the File -->> Delete menu....