Delighted with 5580, but Coherence question

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac Public Beta' started by Mike Boreham, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Kilo Poster

5580 in 10.5.1 is great. So good that Vista is now usable on my MBP!, but not as fast as XP.

My question is about Coherence, where I can't see the Windows toolbar and start menu at all in XP. In Vista, it started off behind the Dock, visible but not usable; I changed a setting and it has gone to the top of the screen and won't shift from there for any settings change.

I have tried various settings in the config editor and view menu.

Since I haven't tried Coherence for a few builds, I don't when this started but it did work fine once.

Is this a bug or can you tell me the combo of settings to have the start menus and task bar above the dock at the bottom.

Thanks

Mike

2. STim

STim Super Moderator

Mike,

The behavior is controlled by two options.

First is 'Applications->Show/Hide Windows Taskbar'. Your VM must be started and guest Windows loaded in order to access the option.

Second is "View->Customize->Working Area->Exclude Dock".

Just play with the options to learn what they do and find the combinations that works best for you.

3. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Kilo Poster

Great! I thought it would be something simple...I was missing the Applications>show hide options

Thanks

Mike