Despite the whining Parallels vastly superior to VM Ware

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rmf, Jun 13, 2007.

1. rmf

rmf Member

After doing beta testing for version 3 and being reasonably satisfied with the outcome, for some reason I looked at all the whining on this board about how superior Fusion was. Well, I spent the time downloading and installing a Fusion VM. It doesn't compare to parallels. Coherence mode is vastly superior to the VM version. While Parallels still has some small issues (I wish it booted faster, used fewer memory resources, that coherence in this version was a little smoother), it is a very stable product (VM Ware broke my logitech mouse controls and I had to reinstall), and does what I need doing. I can run the two essential Windows apps that I must have on a daily basis with minimum fuss and bother. Yes, there are some games that don't work on Parallels, but if you really want to play MS based games, do boot camp or get a Wintel machine. In my opinion, Parallels wins hands down compared to VMWare, which is still a VERY rough, unstable, and barely useable beta. But the ranting nature and anger of many of the posters here seems to me to be WAY overboard. Just my two cents worth.

2. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

Nice rant.