Difficulty in registration of 3.0

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by gjlazar, Feb 4, 2008.

1. gjlazar

gjlazar Member

After the latest uprade each time I run Parallels it says I must register my copy. I hae a key from Parallels customer service but when I go to register, I am told this copy is already registered.
    Following various threads in this forum, I went to Terminal on the mac and entered
    cat /Library/Parallels/.paralells_license_3.0 and I get the message "no such file"
    I tried
    cd/Library/Parallels/command
    ..and got the same no such file entry. Maybe this is why my copy wants to be registered? I am not sure what to do now. After many upgrades I never had trouble before this latest (3.0) upgrade must have erased the license file.
    Suggestions wouldbe appreciated.

2. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

could you please tell me where do you receive the error that you must register. If possible, please provide me with a screenshot of this error and of the error with 'copy is already registered'.

Best regards,
    Stacey

3. gjlazar

gjlazar Member

Could not figure how to send the screnn shots, do you have an email? This site asks me for a URL wherre the photo is it wold take the jpg file.

4. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Please use 'Go Advanced', 'Manage Attachments' and upload your files via 'Upload File from your Computer'.

Best regards,
    Stacey

5. gjlazar

gjlazar Member

First is when I startup parallels, I think it is checking for auto updates.
    Secnd is after I enter my key on the registration site.

Attached Files:

6. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

please send me your key via PM, so I will contact our OrderSupport regarding this issue.

Best regards,
    Stacey

7. gjlazar

gjlazar Member

Respond by PM?

Stacy, what do you mean by "PM" and how do I send it to you by PM.

8. gjlazar

gjlazar Member

Never mind I figured it out!

9. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

I have registered your key for you. Does the problem persist?

Best regards,
    Stacey

10. gjlazar

gjlazar Member

Unrelated Problem?

I went to test it and parallels discovered an update build 5584. It downloaded a disk image to my desktop then asked if I wanted to run the install package, I choose install and it hung the mac. I had too power down and restart . Then seeing the disk image Parallels-Desktop-5584-Mac-en.emg wneh I click on it aI get a mac dialog that says "disk image failed to mount" reason not recognized!

I downloaded the update again and the same thing happened.
    I am running Leopard on a iMac and XP on the VM. Since I haven't been able toupgrade again I dont know if the registration problem is solved. I did not get the notice if I start and do not upgrade again?

11. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
    This issue occurred due to the technical problems with our web site.
    In the meanwhile, please, use this link to download our latest build 5584 United States edition.

Best regards,
    Stacey

12. gjlazar

gjlazar Member

Problems solved

Thanks Stacy all seems well now!

13. Odysseus

Odysseus Bit poster

I thought I should mention I had the exact same problem just now. Following the link you provide permitted me to mount the dmg.

hth