DirectX & MicroStation V8 XM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jChristopher, Oct 18, 2007.

1. jChristopher

jChristopher Member

Hi-

Along the theme of getting DirectX to work with non-game software ... I've been trying to get MicroStation (CAD software) to work.

Does anyone have any experience with installing, running, and/or optimizing MicroStation V8 XM 8.9.4.x to run under Parallels 3.0 (5160)?

I just installed a demo version to see how it runs ... and it's a bit sluggish (when compared against MicroStation 8.1.0.x).

Apparently this new version (XM) relies heavily on DirectX... I've tried playing around with the limited settings, but to no avail. With DirectX on or off (via the "dxdiag" command, yes?), I notice no difference in how MicroStation XM runs.

Also, MicroStation XM says it's running as "Software DirectX". I suspect that means MicroStation is emulating DirectX in software, and not recognizing Parallels's DirectX drivers?

Any suggestions?

2. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

MicroStation V8 XM Edition v08.09.04.xx requires DirectX 9c and Parallels officially work with DirectX 8 only. We're working on this issue and DirectX 9c will be supported in future versions.

Best regards,
    Alicia.

3. jChristopher

jChristopher Member

Ah... there are different versions of DirectX. Of course. Thanks for the info; I'll await the future version of Parallels!