DirectX support

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by poinotna, Jun 23, 2007.

1. poinotna

poinotna Bit poster

DirectX support and Shockwave

Hi all,

I was very excited with the arrival of DirectX support to Parallels Desktop 3. Even though I have not tried running any heavy 3D games on Parallels, I have found that none of the 3D Shockwave games would work, with the DirectX support enabled. The game windows just goes black, while audio is playing... Disabling DirectX support helps load the game, but the performance is very, very poor.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am running Mac OS 10.4.10 on a MacBook Pro 17" with 2GB of RAM and Win XP Pro SP2. The VM uses 1 GB of RAM with 32MB RAM for the video.

Cheers,
    Poinotna

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  2. derfolo

derfolo Bit poster

problem with shockwave games

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem. Please try the games at shockwave.com to see the issue for yourself. I don't even get the sound with no video problem, it just starts to load and then fails. I have tried all sorts of configuration tweaks with no success.

Thanks for any help.

3. derfolo

derfolo Bit poster

An update: disabling DirectX support seems to fix the problem for shockwave games. The game seemed to run quite well under this configuration on my Macbook Pro. Of course, it would be ideal to be able to have DX support enabled....

4. Archy

Archy Bit poster

Hello,
    Please try build 5060. It's supposed to fix this problem.
    Note: it is beta build and may be unstable.