display acceleration issue in beta 6...

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by pecos, May 13, 2006.

1. pecos

pecos Bit poster

hello,
    since i've updated to beta 6, a problem occurs if i DO NOT completely deactivate video acceleration in guest OS windows XP :
    when i launch "Curiouslabs Poser 4", this program works fine... until i move the mouse over the "library" zone on the right side of the screen, and try to choose a preset to apply the changes to my scene.
    in this case, parallels workstation app either crashes/freeze or sometimes (rarely) just becomes unresponsive for a very long time (>5 or more minutes !!!)

strangely, no problem occurs if i set the video acceleration to "none" in advanced display preferences of guest OS Windows XP. but in this case, the cursor and the menus becomes very slow. :-(

obviously, i don't know if this issue could affect other programs than Poser4, but i'm pretty sure it was working fine in previouly release beta 4.

what have been changed in video emulation to cause this problem :confused:
    thanks

2. pecos

pecos Bit poster

well...
    just to say i've tried many different configs today, and the problem remains...

: no way to use poser 4 without crashes in parallels workstation... unless you completely disable graphics acceleration in advanced settings of guest OS windows xp. installing or not parallels tools don't change anything.
    ...obviously, it considerably slows down the mouse's moves... too sad :-(
    (please excuse for my bad english, i'm french...)

3. Scott Willsey

Scott Willsey Hunter

Did you reinstall parallels tools? I'm not saying there aren't any speed issues at all with graphics in beta 6, but what you are describing sounds like you aren't running with parallels tools enabled/installed.

4. pecos

pecos Bit poster

yes, i've tried both with or without parallels tools installed. same problem : if you just click with the mouse on a preset in the library popup window of poser 4, it freezes automatically poser, then occurs complete blocking of parallels.app. no way to avoid this... except if you have previously disabled graphics acceleration into the guest OS.