Display does not to refresh?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 16 for M1 Mac Technical Preview' started by dwarfland, Dec 19, 2020.

1. dwarfland

dwarfland Bit Poster

Hi.

I installed the Parallels M1 preview and Windows/ARM following the (trivial) steps on https://my.parallels.com/desktop/beta. Windows boots up fine, logs me in and I see the desktop, but beyond that, it seems the display is stuck. It doesn't seemingly react to anything I do -- but it turns out it does, the screen just doesn't redraw. For example if i click there File Explorer icon in the task bar, nothing happens. but if I resize the window it (eventually, see below) adjusts to the new scale, and Explorer is open. Clearly it recognized may click, just didn't redraw!

It seems each resize is one step behind too. ie if in resize the window first, nothing happens, but it I resize it again, it redraws (with fresh contents) to the size I resized it to the first time. and so on.

Any ideas?

MacBook Air 16GB, 8 GPU, 2TB, Bg Sur 11.1 GM.

2. HaraldSt

HaraldSt Bit Poster

Turn off Time Sync.

3. jeff21

jeff21 Bit Poster

can you please let me know where this setting is?

4. jeff21

jeff21 Bit Poster

NM I found it thanks anyway

5. dwarfland

dwarfland Bit Poster

That did the trick, thanx! who would have thunk, something seemingly so unrelated... Thanx!

6. jeff21

jeff21 Bit Poster

yep that did it for me too 100% makes the diff between working and not working.

7. dwarfland

dwarfland Bit Poster

Weirdly, the issue is backache next day, and the option is still off :(. Shutting down and restarting the VM fixed it for now...