Display gets corrupted requiring Mac to be rebooted

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by dulino, Nov 25, 2013.

1. dulino

dulino Bit poster

To add insult to injury, I paid for the subscription. Parallels support is giving me run arounds not offering any useful information, and they are refusing a refund. In the meantime the app has been completely useless to me.

So, here is the problem.

It works ok for a little while. Then I come back maybe 30 mins later. It connects to my Mac, shows me launchpad. Then I select an app and it shows me a total garbage screen -- basically digital noise.

That problem doesn't go away if my internet connection gets better.

I have to go back to my office, where I will find the screen totally corrupted on my mac as well. After I logout/log back in or reboot everything is fine and dandy until I use Parallels Access again.

Any thoughts ? I was really looking forward to this working when I need it the most -- when I have a production issue and I am away from my desk.

2. Jason5

Jason5 Bit poster

(this is a few months late, but.... for those still having the issue as of January 2014)
    I found the same issue when I leave the connection open to the Mac for too long (without activity). Its stuck at the login prompt is what I've found and my fix for it is to disconnect/reconnect from parallels access. So, go back to the launchpad, click the disconnect button and reconnect. It usually takes only 1 try, but obviously YMMV.

Hope that helps!