DNS resolution fails in all VMs

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by toonetown, Nov 6, 2023.

Tags:
  1. toonetown

toonetown Member

It seems since upgrading to 19.1.0, almost daily, DNS resolution stops working within all my VMs. This can be fixed by closing all my VMs, and running `prlsrvctl stop` and then relaunching the VMs...but it kind of gets annoying to need to restart the DNS service each day.

This seems to be something related to the DNS server that Parallels runs on the host machine. When it is hit, all VMs are impacted (regardless of the OS of the VM) until the server is restarted.

Is there something I'm doing that's causing this to happen?

2. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hello toonetown,

To aid us in troubleshooting this further, please collect a technical report while the issue is being reproduced (click the Parallels icon > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.

3. toonetown

toonetown Member

I will if I see it again. I've just upgraded to 19.1.1 in the hope that it will address the issue.

Adeboye Adeotan likes this.
  4. toonetown

toonetown Member

It happened again to me today while running 19.1.1. I have sent the technical data as 442532821

5. toonetown

toonetown Member

Is there any way to get an update on the technical report that was sent in? This issue is happening each evening and it preventing a broader rollout of Parallels within our environment.