Does microsoft office 2007 run OK on a mac using parallels?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by tamara_jane_woo, Mar 28, 2007.

1. tamara_jane_woo

tamara_jane_woo Bit poster

I recently purchased an apple mac and have installed parallels and have also installed windows XP home edition. When I try and install windows office standard 2007 an error message comes up about half way through along the lines "wrong location for"standardrww.cab please browse for correct installation location"

I am able to find the exact location of the "ww.cab" file, which is in: C\msocache\all users 90112............, but it just says "wrong location".

Can anyone help please.

2. wangooroo

wangooroo Junior Member

I have MS Office 2007 running just fine.

I am using Boot Camp with Windows XP Pro SP2 installed. I created a VM in Parallels that boots the bootcamp partition.

I installed MS Office 2007 and had zero problems. No errors.

Are you installing from CD?

3. maxxxfl

maxxxfl Junior Member

Have Win XP Pro SP2 installed on Boot Camp partition and also use that as my VM. Installed Office 2007 without a hitch. It's actually faster than Office 2003. Do most of my major installations while booted up directly into the Boot Camp partition. But have been running 3188 since the release and have not had any problems.

4. aclaver

aclaver Member

No problems for me

I am running Office 2007 perfectly running on XP and Vista RC2. I installed it using both a CD (ISO image actually) as well as an installer.

No trouble at all. You didn't answer the question as to the source of the 2007 installation - legit copy?

5. tamara_jane_woo

tamara_jane_woo Bit poster

its from a CD and is legit

6. chabig

chabig Hunter

Running fine here on Windows XP home.

7. iduff

iduff Product Expert

Works OK for me (except for the pesky new so-called "improved" menuing system) on my build 3188 XP SP2 instance (non-Boot Camp).

8. Cynops

Cynops Junior Member

Works fine with XP Pro using the bootcamp partition or parallels using the bootcamp installation.

9. cp1160

cp1160 Bit poster

Office 2007

I've been ruuning Office 2007 applications and have encountered no problems with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access or Visio. Just can't quite find some functions with the new ribbon. It has been rock stable for me with no issues. There are some functions, like Document Compare against two large graphic intensive files in Word that would crash Word 2003 everytime on any XP machine I had - confirmed by Microsoft no less - that runs fine in 2007.

10. kosh

kosh Member

A couple of quick questions to rule out a few things - how big is your Parallels virtual hard drive (and how much space is free prior to starting the install of Office 2007, and does Office 2003 happen to be installed?