Does screen resolution affect performance?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by bergeron76, Jul 24, 2006.

1. bergeron76

bergeron76 Bit poster

How does the screen resolution affect performance with Parallels? I'm running a Mac mini Core Duo with lots of Ram on a small display. I'm about to get the 23" Cinema Display, but I'm wondering how this will affect Parallels. I know that on the mini, the video memory is shared. I use Virtue Desktops with Parallels, and I absolutely love it. That said, will upgrading to a much higher resolution (1920x ) negatively affect the usability/performance of my new Mac running Parallels?

I'm a "switcher", and I'm never going back. However, I need Win2k and Linux, so could all you veteran Mac users, please forgive me for not having yet developed arrogance about my new Mac? It is undoubtedly great, but get a life if you have nothing better to do than post negatively; you're harming Apple's culture by being elitist - especially during a great paradigm shift of new users to Macs.

Kind regards...
    CB

2. bergeron76

bergeron76 Bit poster

Ok, I bought the display anyway. It looks amazing (almost too big) and the performance doesn't seem to be affected.

I would like to see a Parallels driver for 1920x1200 for Windows though. They provide 1920x1440, but that doesn't display correctly on these HD Cinema displays.

Kind regards,
    CB

3. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

You can add custom resolution 1920x1200 in VM configuration and you'll be able to use it in guest OS.