Downloads for version 2

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ariell, Jun 19, 2007.

1. ariell

ariell

Okay, it seems like versions 2 and 3 are different programs, and both may have future updates. But on the download page, I only see for version 3. This is not right, because some people only have the license for version 2, and they should be able to download it right there.

P.S. Since parallels users from version 2 have to pay $50 for the new version, why not continue to sell version 2 for $30? You know, like a promotional version where people can try version 2 without much of an investment and then pay the rest to upgrade to version 3. It makes sense...

2. aidan

aidan

Presumably because version 2 is much more reliable than version 3 and no one would buy version 3. I've paid for and tried both and I'm sticking with 2 until all the bugs are fixed in 3. Version 2 seem really solid.

3. ariell

ariell

So what would be the problem? People could buy version 2.5 for now for 30 dollars, and when v.3.5 comes out, they could pay the rest for the upgrade ($50) and break even.

4. htash@att.net

htash@att.net

I amy be dense, but I can't find any updates to my buil 1940, Oct 2006. Am I missing something?