Drag-n-drop between host/guest desktops

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by andyeb, Apr 30, 2006.

1. andyeb

andyeb Bit poster

Previously I've used a Virtual-PC like product called Guest PC on a G5 system. This product allows files to be dragged between the host and guest OS desktops, which is really a much more convenient method of sharing/moving files between the two operating systems.

Is there any possibility that this functionality could be added to Parallels Workstation?

thanks,

Andy

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

Yes there is a possiblity that this functionality could be added to Parallels Workstation.

And apparently it will be added soon.

3. belzebuth

belzebuth Bit poster

I would love to see that, too...

just download a exe on OS X, drag it on parallel desktop icon and it's copied on windows desktop. Or the ability to copy paste files and not just text between the two OS, even better...

is it scheduled for the commercial release?

4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

This feature is in our roadmap for future versions.

5. Edd

Edd Member

sweet!

RC2 is awesome..

6. konakahuna

konakahuna Bit poster

i second that!

if i had just one wish to spend on a new feature, it would be drag & drop between desktops. i know folders can be shared, and i do, but i can't think of anything more helpful than being able to drag a word file, say, between OSX and windows.

that would be totally amazing and something i'd use every damn day!

thanks,

david r.

7. lethe

lethe Bit poster

i've just recently (like at 2 or 3 o'clock this morning) downloaded and begun to use parallel desktop on my mac.

i freaking LOVE this program - by far my favorite i have come across in a long time (and it puts 'boot camp' to shame), but i too think it will be a really great addition to a great program if drag and drop or cut and paste is enabled for programs and other files.

i, actually, came to this site to see if there was some ability to do this that i was somehow missing.

8. James Bond 007

James Bond 007 Hunter

Parallels does not yet have this feature? Too bad. I agree that this feature will be a great convenience.

VMware Workstation does. Of course VMware does not yet have a Mac OS X version.:D

[​IMG]

9. mcbuckeye

mcbuckeye Junior Member

I could swear I saw someone "demoing" this working in Parallels in a video on the 'net somewhere. I must have dreamed it.

It would be great, though...

10. TDI

TDI Member

Any idea when this feature will be released ?

It is probably the most wanted missing feature on Parallels !

11. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

TDI,

Sorry - I can't give you exact date. But we are working on it.

12. dmgwork

dmgwork Member

drag and drop would be very nice

13. keagriver

keagriver Bit poster

How do I share files (not yet drag n drop, i understand...) from OSX to Suseand vice versa? Just bought the program, can't seem to find any shared folders.
    Thanks

14. Jay

Jay Bit poster

when will this be reality?

15. drudas99

drudas99 Bit poster

I lost drag and drop functionality

Trying to drag and attach any file from my mac desktop into an outlook email. Nothing happens. Need help with this ASAP!

Parallels: Build 5160
    Mac OSX Tiger: 10.4.11