Dragon 9 Activation

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by hyakuman, Oct 11, 2006.

1. hyakuman

hyakuman Bit poster

Dragon 9 installation on MacBook running Windows XP via Parallels was successful, training was uneventful and dictation yields accurate transcripts. However, activation failed numerous times. Nuance Technical Support tried several new activation codes, all of which failed, and says activation failure "must be" because I'm trying to run Dragon 9 on a Mac.

Is anyone successfully running Dragon 9 on an Intel Mac via Parallels or Boot Camp? Has anyone else had an activation problem? Can anyone suggest why activation fails/how activation can be made to work?

2. unused_user_name

unused_user_name Pro

Ive had no problems with my copy of Dragon 8.

Make sure your VM has internet access, or call them and do an over-the-phone activation.

EDIT: Looks like you already did call them... so I'm not sure how useful my suggestion is...

3. dkwehe

dkwehe Member

Dragon 9

I have no problem with Dragon 9 on a MacBook through Parallels. Runs fine.

Check for other threads covering this topic in this forum -- there are some bright people who have come up with some clever ways to enhance the utility of DNS.

4. drjamesh

drjamesh Junior Member

Dragon systems 9.0 Won't start

Installed with an earlier parallels version and worked. The installed 1922 and nothing, now 1940 and still nothing...won't start. Re-installed DS9.0. Any suggestions? Thanks. Mac Pro 2.66 2 gig 10.4.8.