Dragon Naturally speaking 9 with Parallels

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by lingualect, Dec 24, 2006.

1. lingualect

lingualect Bit poster

Most people seem to be having problems using Dragon 9 in Parallels. But a few say they are successful.
    Is this something that Parallels or Scansoft/Nuance will attend to in later versions?
    Has anyone made it work on a Macbook Pro with Natspeak perferred 9? Before buying the XP OS, Natspeak 9 and Parallels, I'd like a sense of the liklihood that it wiil work. Any insights appreciated.

2. digitalcurry

digitalcurry Bit poster

succeeded in loading DNS 8, but having audio problems

I am not getting in adequate sound quality. I fear Dragon is recognizing the internal Microphone but not the Superior quality USB sound card and Microphone.

Is it possible to direct the sound through the USB?

The program asked me which type of MIC and I said USB, but I don't think it is using the USB.

anyone have thoughts on the subject?:eek:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  3. digitalcurry

digitalcurry Bit poster

Equiptment stats

PS, a list of my equiptment:

Macbook Pro core duo 2 GHz
    1500 MB RAM
    Buddy USB 5G Pod (USB sound card)
    TheBoom-O Microphone
    Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred 8
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    Parallels Build 1970
    Mac OS X 10.4.8

:eek: :eek: :eek:

4. MSPhil

MSPhil Bit poster

Microphone in Dragon NS 9.5

I found that if I used a USB headset Dragon NS said the sound system was not good enough. I then tried pluging the headset that came with the Dragon software into the sound in/out jacks on my Mac Book Pro to find much the same thing. It was only when I turned the input level in 'Sound' in the Mac's 'System Preferences' up to Maximum that the quality became good enough to use. This trick only worked on the jack pluged headset but not one with a USB input. I don't know why, but at last I am now getting good results from Dragon NS which is a great programme! Hope this helps!