Dual activation Windows Boot Camp and Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by EricS31, Dec 1, 2021.

1. EricS31

EricS31 Bit Poster

If you want to use Windows in native Boot Camp mode and virtual mode through Parallels, then you will face an activation issue. Personally, I bought a license key that allowed me to activate Windows 10 Pro on my Boot Camp installation. I then virtualize Boot Camp with Parallels but when I launch my VM, Windows 10 Pro cannot be activated. After a lot of research, I ended up finding a solution that I offer here. I do not know if it is perfect and I count on those who are more experienced than me to improve it if necessary. The same problem occurring with the Microsoft Office Pack, I will try to find a solution too. So here is how to fix Windows double activation issue: First, Windows version on Boot Camp partition needs to be activated. The principle is to remove the activation key from the Windows registry just before shutting down the computer. This does not actually delete the key and when you restart the computer, Windows will find it and attempt to activate with it. So, when Windows starts in native Boot Camp mode or in virtual mode through Parallels, it automatically activates. The command to remove the activation key is: slmgr / cpky. This command must be executed in administrator mode. I tried to automate the execution of this command when shutting down the computer and for that, I made a .bat file that I run automatically when the computer is shut down. You will find the .bat file attached, but I replaced the extension .bat by .txt, you will have to do the opposite. In order to automatically launch this .bat file, here is the procedure: https://www.pcastuces.com/pratique/astuces/5116.htm . It seems to be working well on my end, I hope it will be the same for you.

Attached Files:

2. EricS31

EricS31 Bit Poster

Here's the new file, it's better ...

Attached Files: