Dual Monitor, Coherence, 5160 - not fixed

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by panca, Sep 14, 2007.

1. panca

panca Junior Member

This thread was moved from "Installation and Configuration in Mac OS" to "Wish Lists".
    Alicia

Hi,

I am disappointed that Parallels has not sorted out the coherence-multi-monitor issues several users have been complaining about, before declaring 5160 a full release.

- if the monitors are of different pixel-size, coherence will only use the heighth of the less tall monitor - the additional space on the other monitor is not available to the user in coherence mode.
    - on startup in coherence mode weird things happen, an entire mac-monitro might switch resolution, coherence-window and window-content might seperate to two monitors ...

I hope this gets addressed soon...

Best
    .r.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  2. iduff

iduff Product Expert

I was one of the early complainers. I echo your hope that this gets looked into for the next beta/release cycle.

However, 5160, apart from the sub-par dual monitor issue, has been quite good for me. So, Parallels, keep up the good work, and get cracking on fixing the dumb dual monitor issue!

3. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

I ditto what seems to be the consensus of everyone. Full dual monitor support next build, please.

4. mjs

mjs Member

Real multi-monitor support would be really nice.

5. WimDS

WimDS Hunter

+1 for me! :D

6. patrickmast

patrickmast Member

REAL dual support would be wonderful!

;-)

7. scotto

scotto Member

This is still not working properly in 5582. In my setup this makes Coherence unusable, since the monitors are at very different heights.

8. gkhairallah

gkhairallah Bit poster

+1 for me. It's really annoying not to be able to drag stuff across monitors!
    Parallels! Please!

9. andtheballrolls

andtheballrolls Bit poster

Parallels Dual Monitor Support

Add me to the wish list. If Parallels would recognize two monitors of different sizes, it would be exponentially more powerful.

A quicker fix (perhaps) for the development team would be to allow easy adustment of the current method's resolution.