Email with html

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by polarisc, May 9, 2008.

1. polarisc

polarisc Bit poster

After upgrading to the 5582 build we have been unable send emails that have html code. There are no error messages, in fact the emails look as though they are being sent, but they never arrive anywhere.

Does anyone have solution to this problem?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Give us more information, what program(s) are you using? If a program on the VM, can you get to the internet? etc.

3. polarisc

polarisc Bit poster

Thank you for responding.

Yes, I have internet access.

I use Parallels primarily for our church's web based data base called PDS (People Driven Software). I am able to send email via that data base except when there is html code which I do weekly to approximately 300 people.

The email is designed in Dreamweaver.

Sending the email was not a problem until the update. One of our pastor's can still send the same email with html code, but he has not updated to 5582.

Other software used, Publisher, but it doesn't seem that would have any bearing with the above problem.

Any insight you can give would be greatly appreciated.

4. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Hmm... Can a non-dreamweaver application inside of the Windows VM still send e-mail that is not full of HTML? Say, M$ Outlook?

5. polarisc

polarisc Bit poster

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

6. polarisc

polarisc Bit poster

Yes, I just did a test of that to verify things are working properly. I can send emails with or without html code through Outlook Express. But.....the Db/PDS from which the mass email is generated/sent, is web based and is not sending through Outlook Express anyway. I can send the html coded mass email through this same Db but not on the Mac through Parallels.

From other postings some time ago, others had html problems after updating also. Unfortunately, I was unable to find where a solution was provided. We thought we would wait for the next update to see if things were corrected. In the meantime, if there is a solution/work around, we would rather begin using it rather than waiting.

7. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

I just got confused. The software is web-based, and is only not working on the PD computers? Or part of the software is web-based? Give me a clear idea of your workflow. Why should Parallels effect a web-based e-mailer, that's all server-side.

8. polarisc

polarisc Bit poster

I'm sorry for the delay and in being confusing. I'm not sure what you are asking but here are the facts as simply as I can think to say them.

Before the 5582 build I was able to send a mass email with html code - not since. Outlook Express is loaded in Parallels.

One of our pastors uses the 2.5 Version of Paralles, Build 1080 and is still able to send the same email with his Mac.

I can send the same email from a PC. It has Outlook.

It would be true to say I don't understand the inner workings of the "web based database" we are using called PDS. Outlooks Express is working properly but from what I understand, it is not coming into play when sending the email through PDS.

The email is created in Dreamweaver, I copy the html code; paste into the body of the email; the email is sent to the email group selected from the Db.

Hope that helps.