Error message at start-up.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PToomeyJr, Sep 25, 2008.

1. PToomeyJr

PToomeyJr Member

Every time that I start Parallels on my new iBook I get the following message. "Error occurred while resuming the virtual machine. Reason: Saved state checksumerror. Virtual machine's internal state can not be correctly restored and will be reset." Next it appears to boot Vista, but then a WIndows Recovery Error screen appears where I am asked f I want to start in safe mode, etc. I am using a brand new iBook withe 2 GB of RAM of which 900 MB is dedicated to one virtual machine. WHat is the problem and how do I fix it?

Patrick Toomey
    Charlottesville, VA

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

The most probably not only you use this Virtual Machine, or you use it under different account, if so please stop VM , instead of suspending

3. PToomeyJr

PToomeyJr Member

John,
    I do not understand your posting on this error. I get this error regardless of how I shut down; i.e. turn off, logout, close, suspend, etc. Is this something to do with Vista. My laptop has VIsta on it and is new to me. ALso, I only have one VM and only one account that I am aware of. Is there a way to view other settings to find out where something went awry?

Patrick

4. PToomeyJr

PToomeyJr Member

John,
    Also, I just noticed that even if I use STOP to close it, then next session for the VM shows a 'suspended' state at login. WHat the heck have I done?

Patrick

5. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Delete mem and sav files from VM folders, try to start and stop VM using Start-Shutdown from within Windows