Error/Problem Installing MS-DOS 6.22

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by BartleyR7, Oct 22, 2006.

1. BartleyR7

BartleyR7 Bit poster

I'm trying to install MS DOS 6.22 under Parallels for the Mac. I've been able to create the primary HD partition and format it, but I'm having difficulties installing DOS. I don't have a floppy drive (currently on a MBP 2.16GHz, OS 10.4.8), so I've been trying to install DOS via a CD. I'm able to access the files on the CD, but when I try to install DOS (run "SETUP.EXE"), I get an error message saying that I should insert the installation disk into drive a and reboot the machine.

I've tried changing the AUTOEXEC.BAT file on the boot CD to make the A: drive point to the CD drive (this didn't work). I've also tried creating a custom IMA file that holds all three DOS disks (this also didn't work). I've investigated a little about simply expanding the DOS files on my PC and simply copying them to the HD in the Parallels virtual machine.

If anyone has had any success installing MS DOS 6.22 under Parallels, I'd really appreciate any help/insights you could give me. I did some searching on this forum and others but didn't find anything that addressed my particular issue.

Bartley

2. joem

joem Forum Maven

Create images of the floppies, and use the Parallels virtual floppy drive.

3. drtimhill

drtimhill Member

See my other post of today regarding this matter.