Existing Parallels setup and adding Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by davidrwatson, Mar 9, 2007.

1. davidrwatson

davidrwatson Bit poster

I understand that Parallels now supports Boot Camp and, having installed Vista under Parallels for in order to run one particular program, I have found that the program (3D Studio Max) will probably run much better in Boot Camp natively. So...does anyone know...can I install Boot Camp at this stage or do I need to uninstall Vista and Parallels, install Boot Camp and then reinstall Parallels and Vista. My understanding is that I will be able to either boot directly into Vista or run it as a virtual machine through Parallels. Anyone have any experience or advice with this?

Much appreciated if you do.

2. CorpSuit

CorpSuit Junior Member

If you ultimately want your Parallels to access your Boot Camp partition of Vista, it probably won't work. I have been unable to get it to work, so I have to debate whether I have it dual boot with Windows XP SP 2 and use parallels, or just use Vista as a dual boot (w/o access via the MAC OS). I personally am not interested in having Vista as a VM alone, because I'd like to be able to use the Aero features among other things. I just want to save disk space if I can.