Express Card/34 EVDO

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by billmccl, Sep 2, 2006.

1. billmccl

billmccl Junior Member

I have the new ExpressCard/34 EVDO card from Verizon, (Verizon Model V640), and it works great on the MacBook Pro. The network connectivity doesn't appear to be supported in Parallels. Any thoughts or tricks to get the network connectivity that is working great on Mac OSX to carry across to Parallels? I thought that if the network was working in OSX, it would be supported in Parallels.

Thanks....

2. alkalifly

alkalifly Hunter

Are you using bridged or host-only networking? If you have only tried bridged networking, I would suggest trying host-only networking instead, and make sure that in the Sharing Preferences of OSX, you turn on internet sharing from the express card to the parallels host-guest adaptor.

3. HappyMacSwitch

HappyMacSwitch Junior Member

Express Card !!!

I had the same problem connecting via my Express card. How do I switch to host only? It doesn't give me that option.:(

4. alkalifly

alkalifly Hunter

Do you mean you are trying to switch something in your Express card? You will not find it there... to switch from bridged to host-only you must edit the VM settings and change the network adaptor to host-only. If Parallels is not giving you that option, I would suggest a reinstall of Parallels because it sounds like something strange is going wrong.

5. HappyMacSwitch

HappyMacSwitch Junior Member

I just reinstalled parallels, and was able to switch to host only. In windows, It says my connection is conected, but I am not able to browse, really wier.

6. dwormuth

dwormuth Bit poster

1970 Build

It looked like the release notes for the 1970 build indicated that Parellels would connect to the internet from any connection, I need EVDO.

I can't seem to make it connect in the bridged mode, default adapter. Does anyone have any advice for getting an internet connection in Windows XP using the bridged network, default adapter and an EVDO card?

7. bryanf

bryanf Bit poster

Hello, i am new to mac... and i need to intsall windows thru paralles desktop for Mac... i installed than got to the part where i click to power up and a dark screen appears and says i need to restart computer... please help if you no how to fix this

8. joem

joem Forum Maven

This is an EVDO thread so your question really doesn't belong here.

Post in the Mac technical forum, listing your Mac model (core duo or core 2 duo), OSX version, installed RAM, Parallels build, and anything else we might find useful in diagnosing your problem.

You might consider searching the forums first to see if anyone else had your problem under similar conditions and got an answer.

In any case, you haven't provided enough information for an educated guess at your problem.

9. tgrogan

tgrogan Pro

Hmmm, seems like the original question should have been posted in the mac forum too, and it is without any of the 'requirements' you expressed.

10. EVDO INFO

EVDO INFO Bit poster

Sharing your EVDO Connection - Mac OSX

Once you connect with your EVDO Card (Novatel V640 ExpressCard or Franklin CDU-550) on your Mac, Parallels wouldn't "see" the internet, so you couldn't access the internet under Parallels.

The tech note below, will step you through the simple configuration changes to allow a single EVDO card to be shared on your Mac and Parallels:

Sharing Your EVDO Connection with Parallels - EVDOinfo.com