"False" v2.5.3226 Update?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by John Howard, Apr 1, 2009.

1. John Howard

John Howard Hunter

First - I am using v2.5 build 3214. I know - I am behind. But my build works flawlessly with Win XP SP3 and I am of the view that "if it ain't broke don't fix it.

BUT - in the last couple of days when I run "check for updates", Parallels update prompts me to download 2.5.3226.

When I download and try to install 2.5.3226, and then launch the supposedly updated Parallels desktop app, the update doesn't take hold. Clicking on "About Parallels Desktop" still says build 3214. Even after restarting my computer. can someone help?

Thinking there might be a user cache or .plist issue I cleaned all those files out but the problem persists.

I am running Mac OS X 10.4.11 (again "if it ain't broke don't fix it") on a February 2006 iMac with 2 gB RAM.

2. Alessandro Botton

Alessandro Botton Bit poster

Same problem for me

I am experiencing exactly the same problem.
    Solutions?

3. minim

minim Junior Member

3226 doesn't do anything

Likewise. My system specs are similar to John Howard's (OS X 10.4.9 on a 2.16Ghz MacBook Pro with 2 Gb RAM. Parallels kept prompting me to download the update (even after I'd downloaded it) but the only difference I can see now that I've run it (even after reboot) is that it doesn't seem to be prompting me any more - but the About window still says 3214.

If it's an OS version issue, surely the installer should be checking what version is there before going ahead? I'm not running the latest version because I run ProTools on my system, which is notoriously slow about authorising for use with new OS versions & updates and equally notoriously picky if you just try to update anyway...

What's going on here? Can somebody please explain?

Thank you!