Feature request: Vm maximizes on secondary display?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by xbrianskix, May 23, 2006.

1. xbrianskix

xbrianskix Member

Hey...

I'm not sure if this is in the works, but would it be possible to add an option when you are going to fullscreen mode to put the guest OS on the secondary display? That way I could have Mac OS on the left and windows XP on the right, move the mouse between the two, clipboard synchronization would just work, etc.... Would be a really cool feature...

Is there a way to do this now, or will this have to wait for post 1.0 release?

Thanks!
    B

2. xbrianskix

xbrianskix Member

Followup

A quick followup...

It seems that right now, this is kind of what Parallels does by default, except the guest OS goes on the primary display, and Mac OS on the secondary. This is suboptimal for a number of reasons:
    - You can't access the desktop, spotlight, dock, etc. on the secondary mac os display
    - When you click on the second secondary mac os display, all of a sudden you get a toolbar on the top of your guest OS, which seems WEIRD!!!

So it seems to me the default is just backwards, and switching the two would fix ths issue? Or perhaps it could be made an option?

Thanks again!
    B

3. xbrianskix

xbrianskix Member

Nevermind :)

Nevermind :)

It turns out you just need to drag your parallels window onto the secondary display before going to fullscreen mode to do this.

NEAT!!!

Cheers...
    B