Focus problem in coherence

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Havard Risvaag, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Havard Risvaag

Havard Risvaag Member

4.3846, 10.6.1

When cmd-tab between guest apps in coherence, the selected app shows for just a split second, then focus jumps back to the previous app.

In full screen, all is fine.

There also seems to be a shared clipboard problem; text copied from host won't show up in guest apps.

Wait, there's more, and this has been around since Parallels 3: There is some kind of lag in the way Finder sees the guest HDD. Example: I attach a file from guest HDD in mail.app, then decides to make a change to the file. I delete the attachement and attaches the newly edited file, but the old one shows up. I have to copy the file from guest HDD to Finder and attach it from there.

2. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

Hello,

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling Parallels Tools.

# Boot Windows in Safe Mode by hitting F8 (Fn+F8) during its boot screen.

Go to "My Computer" - "C" Drive - "Program Files" - "Parallels" folder and delete the "Parallels Tools" folder.

# Click the Windows "Start" menu -> "Run" and type "regedit". Hit OK.

# In Registry Editor, go to "My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Parallels" and delete the "Parallels Tools" entry.

# Reboot Windows

# Now you can re-install Parallels Tools from the Parallels Desktop menubar when Windows is running.

3. Havard Risvaag

Havard Risvaag Member