Forum Issues

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jmdevaney, Apr 13, 2006.

1. jmdevaney

jmdevaney Member

I think the forum for the Mac version of Parallels needs to be restructured.

One area for all issues is becoming a mess with all the posts from users that do not search or RTFM before starting new threads.

Maybe something like the following:

Guest Issues:
    - Install
    - Network
    - Video
    - Sound
    - USB
    - etc...

Host Issues:
    - Install
    - Networking
    - Disk Images
    - etc...

Anyway just my 2 cents... Would be easier to find what your looking for.

2. willwgm3

willwgm3 Member

I second this motion.....

3. Ben @ Parallels

Ben @ Parallels Member

Not a bad idea. I'll consult with the other guys and see what we can do.

4. brettw

brettw Member

I myself would like to see a forum dedicated to each major branch of guest OS e.g. XP/Win2003, Linux, Solaris, BSD, DOS, etc etc. Given the OS's above are of a fundamentally different design and end user application / target audience it would be a big help in improving collaboration between other users of a like OS.

Also since there is not a formal bug tracking system perhaps also a new forum for each beta at least temporarily to keep focus on the current build in question. After looking at the forums for several days I came to the conclusion that Mac users are suprisingly more aware of the internals of their OS and I think they could quite well adapt and welcome a more disciplined approach to working on the beta.

5. mejacobs

mejacobs Junior Member

Guest OS forums

I second the idea about separate forums (fora?) for different guest OSes.

6. cbcarbaj

cbcarbaj Bit poster

a good sign

the fact that posts are getting so frequent and broad is a good sign . . . interest in the product is significant to say the least.