Fresh Bootcamp+Parallels (XP) install

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by CatHerder, Jan 19, 2007.

1. CatHerder

CatHerder Bit poster

Gentlepeople,
    Please forgive me if this is well covered elsewhere, but a bunch of searching the forums and reading the release notes and docs. I've just rebuilt my MBP onto a new disk, and was looking forward to trying out the new parallels functionality to utilize a bootcamp partition. So, what I'm looking for is the "recommended" path to this setup. Do I do a standard Bootcamp install and then create the "custom VM" from inside parallels? Do I activate XP from within the bootcamp setup, or do I wait until I boot inside parallels? Do I load the bootcamp drivers into XP before or after the initial VM setup? Are there other considerations I should have in mind?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    - Jim

2. Jeff73116

Jeff73116 Bit poster

BTT

I'm interested in this as well. I recently changed out my Macbook HDD and I would like to be able to use Paralells and Bootcamp with one windoze license.

Thanks!

3. jobo22002

jobo22002 Junior Member

I too would like to know,if you can install win xp in bootcamp and then use it in parallels as well. Presently I have instaeld win xp in bootcamp and also installed it on parallels. This doesn't seem to be the way to do it.

4. Jeff73116

Jeff73116 Bit poster

Found on macrumors forum... Gotta use the new Beta build. There is a radio button to select a bootcamp install.