FTP in Dreamweaver for Windows

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by minim, Jul 12, 2007.

1. minim

minim Junior Member

Hi all,

I'm running the Macromedia Web Design Suite MX under WinXP through Parallels via Bootcamp and overall it's working just fine - until I try to use the FTP function in Dreamweaver, when it goes through the first dialogue box announcing "host found, connecting...", but once this box goes away, the whole thing freezes and I never get the one telling me its worked and so I can't access my remote server under Parallels at all. It works fine in Bootcamp directly - does anyone know why this may be? I'm running Parallels Build 3214...

Many thanks. minim.

2. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

You may want to play with some of the Network Adapter options with Parallels opened but WinXP stopped and see if that helps (or does damage).

Phil

3. chuckjones

chuckjones Bit poster

FTP In General

I'm having the same issue.

With Filezilla FTP on the PC, but the same. It connects, but then: "Could not retrieve directory listing" message. Same with every site, all of them work in Boot Camp.

This is single handedly forcing me to boot into boot camp, and not use Parallels most of the day. I can't use a Mac FTP for this either. I've got way to many sites to do that.

there is no firewall in XP, it's deactivated... Doesn't appear to be activated on teh Mac either.

Can't find this anywhere????

4. chuckjones

chuckjones Bit poster

Minim - I changed to Bridge Networking by editing the VM (with Windows stopped) - under the network options.

It's working now - finally. Yes....

5. minim

minim Junior Member

Fantastic! Thanks, guys. chuckjones, I followed your advice and now it seems to be working perfectly (albeit a tiny bit slower on starting up Windows? But that's a small price to pay to get it working). Thank you!