Full Screen error

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by gosh, Jan 6, 2007.

1. gosh

gosh Member

I've done a search "full screen" but can't see a relevent thread.

When I put my '1970' to full screen I get the message:

"The version of Parallels Tools you are using is inconsistent with the currently installed version of Parallels.
    We recommend that you update Parallels Tools. Select VM->Install Parallels Tools in menu to install the correct version of Parallels Tools package".

If I click OK it does actually work fine!

I've tried re-installed Parrallels Tools serveral times to no effect.

It's just bugging me - and I like to show it off - and it gets the remark "still Beta then"!

2. Captaindondo

Captaindondo Bit poster

Same error

I get the same error. I started out with the trial version of Parallels and it didn't give the error when I changed to full screen. Then, when I bought a full version product key and activated the software, it started giving me this error when I went to full screen. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my Parallel Tools though. I tried re-installing the Parallels Tools package like it instructed me to, but the error message continues to display.

3. drval

drval Pro

Early on in my use I found that I needed to do a complete reinstallation (really update) of BOTH Parallels and Parallels Tools. I, too, had originally been testing the earlier pre-release versions.

4. gosh

gosh Member

Update to 1970 counts as a new install doesn't it?

I suppose is enough people have the same problem then it's down to an unresolved bug in the GA release!:(

5. drval

drval Pro

Perhaps I could have been clearer -- I had problems until I UNinstalled 1970 and just did a clean install using 3106.