Full Screen Mode and Spaces

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac Public Beta' started by whayes75, Dec 4, 2007.

1. whayes75

whayes75

Is there anyway to run parallels in full screen mode and have it be active when switching to the space it is in?

thanks
    scott

2. STim

STim Super Moderator

This is the way Parallels Desktop behaves right now. Or you mean you observe different behavior?

3. whayes75

whayes75

The mac dock seems to always be above the windows desktop until I click in somewhere in the windows desktop then the dock goes away

4. e_l_green

e_l_green

I actually like this behavior. It is a side-effect of the full-screen window containing the Windows guest not capturing the mouse until you actually click on it. With Windows as a guest OS this isn't too useful, but with Linux as a guest OS (i.e. mostly CLI-based) it's really convenient to hit CMD-LEFT to get to my guest OS via Spaces, type some stuff into whatever CLI window is active on the Linux screen, then hit the icon at the bottom of the screen for whatever application I want to go back to in the main Space. It allows really quick flipping back and forth which is nice when I am trying to develop for both Linux and MacOS at the same time.

5. whayes75

whayes75

so in linux you dont have to click the mouse before typing?

Im just trying to get away from having to click the mouse an extra time.

I switch back and forth frequently using the keyboard shortcut to switch spaces. then I have to click on the mouse to get windows to get focus. Seems crappy that windows can't be brought to the front when you switch to its space.