FuseFS exteremely slow and what about those drive mounts?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by rwbaskette, Jul 22, 2008.

1. rwbaskette

rwbaskette Bit poster

Question 1: Why is the Fuse FS, at least on my system such a dog?

I've tried to load and edit code files in Eclipse or TextWrangler on the default XP Pro SP3 disk mounts for my MacBook Pro system:

vfstool@fuse0 on /private/tmp/4955/C (fusefs, local, nodev, noexec, nosuid, synchronous, mounted by rwbaskette)
    vfstool@fuse1 on /private/tmp/4955/D (fusefs, local, nodev, noexec, nosuid, synchronous, mounted by rwbaskette)
    vfstool@fuse2 on /private/tmp/4955/S (fusefs, local, nodev, noexec, nosuid, synchronous, mounted by rwbaskette)

It's extremely slow to work on projects over fusefs. I've ended up mounting the admin samba shares separately because the performance is so much better.

Question 2: Why are all of the VM drives mount in '/private/tmp/<some_random_number>/<drive_letter>'?

Since the random number changes all the time, it's really difficult to set up anything even semi-permanent symbolic links to folders on my XP VM drives. Any chance I can force it to mount in the same place every time? I don't care where, as long as i can use 'ln -s' consistantly!

You guys have a great product and I am looking forward to your response.

Thank You,
    Robert

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

1.We are using FuseFs to mount VM drives to Mac
    this feature we are planning to add in Parallels Desktop version 4
    2. To avoid Time Machine backup