Garmin GPS to vista guest OS

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by GabrielG, Sep 26, 2009.

1. GabrielG

GabrielG

Hi

I'm trying to connect my garmin gps device to mapsource installed on my vista guest OS, but I can't get the gps show on explorer as external disk.

Windows recognized the usb an show in device manager and show the safe disconnect icon but the device never show up.

I read through the forum and google and found nothing that work, any help will be appreciate

Macbook pro MAC OS 10.6.1 Parallels 4.0.3846

2. VBR

VBR

Hello,

Indevice manager check for the drive letter and click on Start -> Run and type :(drive letter) to open the drive. After the drive is open check for the properties of the drive and see if it is heiiden or not.

3. GabrielG

GabrielG

Sorry, The usb appear on device manager under Universal serial bus controller, but after some minutes it appear flagged with the yellow warning sign. I didn't notice this before.

I just select, uninstall, uninstall and reinstall the Garmin USB drivers and check for hardware changes and give me "errors" installing.

Another suggestions?

4. GabrielG

GabrielG

I got to install the drives. The external disk (GPS) appear on device manager but I can't get a driver letter for it and of course not appear on explorer.