Getting latest update...

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by mirko, Mar 25, 2007.

1. mirko

mirko Junior Member

With my new MacBook Pro, I also bought a boxed version of Parallels. As I live in the Netherlands, the content was provided b Avanquest.co.uk, the distributor in this part of the world.

All fine, except that so far I still have not been able to update Parallels to the most recent version. My version is stuck at v3186, whereas I know v3188 has ironed out a few more issues.

I mailed Avanquest, I mailed Parallels, but got no answer at all.:mad:

So perhaps someone at this forum can help me, ideally someone from Parallels...

How do I update?

Thanks!

2. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

I believe that you're owning localized version. The thing is that it takes some time to translate and publish it.
    I'm personally *really* sorry that our support team shows such serious problems - now all of us understand it and we're working to improve it asap.
    What's your locale so i can update you with the localization status ?

3. mirko

mirko Junior Member

Thanks for getting back to me!!!!:)

I use the UK-English version, which seems to be identical to the US version, except for the references to support-emails and, very unfortunately, the serial-number scheme.

(I normally always buy download, and I sure wish I had done that this time as well.....):(

4. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

Yeh, you see, in our production build system UK is treated identical to the any other locale (like german, french).
    Every locale has its own serial numbers and updates URLs.
    I don't have exact information about the UK right now - it's sunday :) and i'm not in the office. As soon as i get to the office, QA will investigate, be sure.

5. mirko

mirko Junior Member

I did work, though!
    Just checked, and the update is there.

And now hopefully the next time the support e-mails get answered too.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help through the forum!

Mirko

6. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

You're welcome, :)
    and, once again, we understand problems with our support for the moment. We're constantly working to improve it.