Has anyone received a response from parallels support?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by elasticmedia, Apr 9, 2007.

1. elasticmedia

elasticmedia Member

I am confused: I have asked 5 or 6 questions on the official parallels support page - where the form allows you to enter in your info and your issue (not the forum - but the public preferred location for support).

I have only received 1 response of all these questions. That response was for the one question that was a suggestion on how to make that form work better; it was not a request for help.

I'm curious whether anyone else has found that parallels actually answers these queries.

thanks,
    Jim

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

This has been the single most discussed topic on these forums.

The opinions are varied. Search to consider the opinions for yourself.

3. Tom Ironcast

Tom Ironcast Guest

elasticmedia,

Can you PM me your ticket ID's, so I can have a look and respond?

Thanks.

4. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

I got same day response on my issues.

5. David5000

David5000 Pro

I told someone in a different forum that Parallels e-mail support was spotty, but he tried it and got a reply within three days.

David

6. constant

constant Forum Maven

Parallels support performance has risen exponential amounts in the last few weeks.

7. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

I got excellent help within hours under beta testing when i thought i lost my data

Hugh W

8. Resolver

Resolver Member

Excellent service !

Hello Parallels Users !

Our Support Team is working hard to satisfy all of your needs !!! Please write or call to us. We are waiting for your questions to solve...

9. PeteD

PeteD Bit poster

Sure! I received a reply from them.

Of course, I've sent many more messages to them than just one. And the reply I got, I only just received a few days ago in response to a question I sent in over TWO MONTHS ago. And it was a softball question that I already learned the answer to on my own (it was about whether the new version of Parallels would support a VM running from the Boot Camp partition).

None of my other questions has resulted in a response. Not even an auto-reply message or anything. It would be impossible for my personal experience with Parallels customer support to be any worse.

10. ari

ari Member

My experience during the 3186 build upgrade was that there is no support for Parallels except this forum. I paid for phone support and it was a very bad experience and just a waist of time (which I have none to waist) - I asked for a refund. Very frustrating.

Perhaps they have improved based on the above posts but my experience was completely terrible. I would have preferred Parallels to just say there is no support and direct people to the forum. But, well, customer support in most tech companies is horrible (I'm thinking of Verizon, AT&T, Dell, etc.) so maybe that is just the world of technology.

On the other hand, this forum has been very good (just a bit technical which is hard for me because I am very non-technical).

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007