HASP not found (-3)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by bartje, Mar 6, 2007.

1. bartje

bartje Bit poster

I'm using windows just for one app (mindexpress). It uses a usb dongle.

Everytime I want to run mindexpress it says "HAPS not found (-3).

This is strange because under bootcamp it does work ! I now started windows within parallels but with the bootcamp settings. But it doesn't work…

Any solution because when this is solved parallels would be one of the main apps on my macs :D

2. bartje

bartje Bit poster

a bit more info :

In the device controler or in the menu Devices/USB, parallels sees the HASP-stick. When I connect it there, it says :

"USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait 5-10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. If this does not help, find the application that blocked up the device and disconnect it manually."

What can be wrong and what may be the solution ?

Many thanks…

3. rafabaer

rafabaer Bit poster

USB HASP Dongle sometimes yes, sometimes NO

Hey,
    it is disgusting. Yesterday I loaded the latest Parallels build. And suddenly it recognized my dongle (HASP security Dongle) right away - no problem - I was able to unplug, plug. Restart parallels and it still worked.

So I was save to make a presentation tomorrow infront of 40 people where I need mac and windows at the same time and the windows app only runs with that hardlock HASP dongle.
    So today I restarted the system - and again I get this nasty error: USB is in use - try again blah, blahhh...

I am getting mad now - I have restarted yet 10 times - it doesn´t work anymore.
    So it must work somehow as it does sometimes - but I just don´t understand what the problem is. And no info from Parallels at all about this.
    So I have 1,5 hours left to drive 200 miles to that event - and NOW I have to start installing bootcamp as this is the only chance to use my macbook for the presentation.

boaah how I hate this last minute trouble....

Does anybody knows what exactly you have to controll that my parallels recognizes the USB and doesn´t tell me that there is a mac application which blockst the communication? I have read all threads here about USB problems - tryed all the terminal things - nothing helped... And if it works - then it works just like it should - and ALLWAYS recognises my HASP Dongle - so there MUST be a way to do it right.

oh man - my nerves :)

regards

Rafael

4. bartje

bartje Bit poster

I would be nice if someone form Parallels could say something usefull to this.

I've send a mail to the supportdesk, but not even an answer !

As great this app is, as poor their support seems to be…

5. bartje

bartje Bit poster

Problem Solved !

At least : I've got it working !!

1.download the HASP driver again (but the one for Mac, not the windows one)

2. Run the uninstaller

3. restart Windows. At that moment windows told me that it found new hardware

Hope this helps for others also

6. paco.blasco

paco.blasco Member

My experience: you only need to reinstall the driver.
    But I suppose the behaviour of Parallels depends on the machine and something like the moon phase, the zodiac or any star in the sky.