Have to troubleshoot network connections every time

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop 16 for M1 Mac Technical Preview' started by Turtleboy, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Bit Poster

Hi, running latest versions of the tech preview and Windows pro insider preview 21277.rs.

Every single time I reboot or restart Windows, it can't connect to the internet. After I "Troubleshoot" in Windows, it reconnects. My Mac is connected by Wifi, but I'm not sure that matters, as it should be sharing the mac's connections.

Is this a bug or am I missing a setting?

IsaacD1 likes this.
  2. KurtG1

KurtG1 Bit Poster

I have the same problem (connected via Ethernet). And without access to the web, I can't download the apps that I need to actually work in Windows.

3. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Bit Poster

If you have Windows troubleshoot the connection, it will reconnect to the internet. So you can download the apps.
    It's just that I have to do it every time.

4. IsaacD1

IsaacD1 Bit Poster

I have exact the same issue but I think it is from Windows. If you install Ubuntu to test the differences you'll see that with Ubuntu the problem of Network connection lost is not happening. I sent a report to Windows Insiders Preview Programme to check it out. Maybe you can send one as well.

5. KurtG1

KurtG1 Bit Poster

Thanks -- that worked (although I swear I did try that before I posted)

6. ErikR4

ErikR4 Bit Poster

I had the same issue...among others. What I did was reset windows.
    I turned off most of Parallels Mac-Windows integration (mapping using folders etc).
    After the reset, Windows is working great (including networking) on my M1