Heavy CPU usage in 3094 causes heat/fans

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Cranialstrain, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Cranialstrain

Cranialstrain Bit poster

Hi All,

I'm not sure if I'm alone in this problem but before I go ahead and purchase Parallels I need to be sure this isn't related, or if it is that it will be resolved in upcoming releases. Before going on to explain the problem, I do realise RC1 is now available but with all the reported issues it's not safe for me to install; I can not have the situation were BC doesn't work.

When installing the first BC compatible version of Parallels (where you had to install the tools manually) everything barring coherence/activation was dandy and worked a treat; however when switching to 3094 I noticed a problem that when booting into BC the machine would get extremely hot (and therefore constant running of the fans) even when the machine was doing very little; this has now got to such a point that I can't run anything on BC because I'm afraid the machine will 'fry'. After a week of on-line seaching and investigation I am almost convinced it can only be the Parallels Tools that came with 3094 that have caused this as it didn't happen before, and no-one else is reported similar problems since Mar-2006 with a standard BC installation.

Just to re-iterate, I'm not trying to blame Parallels without good reason, I just have run out of alternatives barring removing parallels and perhaps completely re-installing BC and Windows which is a massive task for me; let me also say I fully appreciate that this is current beta/RC1 and therefore problems can be expected.

Thoughts/comments much appreciated :)

CS.

2. VTMac

VTMac Pro

Why not boot into BC, uninstall Parallel Tools. If it solves your problem, then you know your answer. If it doesnt, then reinstall Parallel Tools and continue on the search.

3. Cranialstrain

Cranialstrain Bit poster

I did think of trying that but wasn't 100% sure if you were still able to safely un-install them safely with this version. I assume it's the same as the previous build.

Thanks, CS.