HELP: Can't install Wndws XP on MacBook Pro.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by cazuaga, Oct 12, 2006.

1. cazuaga

cazuaga Bit poster

I created a VM, I put the XP cd in my mac's drive, I turned the VM on, it began to load windows, it asked me to press Enter ( I had to click on the VM's window thus disabling my mouse etc. ), it was seemingly installing. At the very next 'stage' of installation, the XP areement displays ( but only in part as one must scroll down or page down to see the rest of the agreement ). It then displays 3 command options and you are prompted to choose one of the three in order to proceed. 1) I agree = F8, 2) I disagree = escape, 3) next page = page down. Well.. here's where my trouble starts. Only clicking escape has any effect. I cannot agree and continue because F8 does nothing. I can't scroll in any direction because page down does nothing. No other key on my keyboard does anything. I can't continue to download XP. I am stuck. It will not respond. Please.. help.
    This happens with build 1940 and was happening with the previous build before I updated to that.

2. palter

palter Hunter

If you have a MacBook or MacBook Pro, the function keys, by default, perform other actions. To actually enter a function key, you need to press the "fn" key (lower left on the keyboard) and, while holding down "fn", press F8.