HELP!!! Can't work Parallels and/or Windows XP anymore

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by haw3455, Jul 1, 2007.

1. haw3455

haw3455 Bit poster

Hello,

I have a MacBook OS X laptop and bought and installed Parallels two weeks ago. Then I had to install Windows XP (that I still had from my "old" Dell PC). I was able to use the software I had installed until yesterday. All of a sudden when I want to open Windows on my Mac I get this error message:

[BVirtual machine cannot be started because of the follwoing problems:
    Parallels Desktop is unable to access the virtual hard disk image file /Users/heidiwalker/Documents/Parallels/Microsoft Windows XP/winxp.hdd.
    The file is missing, corrupted, or used by other applications
    [/COLOR][/B]

What does this mean and what do I do now? I tried different things but I'm not getting anywhere. May I add that I'm not a techno wiz and had a hard time even installing Parallels and the Windows XP on my Mac.:mad:

PLEASE HELP ME - I have bought expensive software that can only run with Windows and I'm totally stuck now.

Anybody???!!!...

I would really appreciate your help:) .

Heidi

2. husnainlotia

husnainlotia Bit poster

Another First Time User

I have just installed a free 15-day trial. I followed the instructions and everything worked fine. It opened the Windows window where you click your user name to start. I clicked, and the only response was "ctrl/alt to release mouse" Thats all it does. No further.

HELP!!

3. husnainlotia

husnainlotia Bit poster

HEIDI, maybe you installed the 15-day trial, and your two weeks are up? In case you actually purchased the full version, I apologize. Just trying to help!

4. husnainlotia

husnainlotia Bit poster

I'm answering my own post! It works fine! I was in too much of a hurry the first time!

5. Mbx72

Mbx72 Bit poster

I have the same problem since upgrading to 3.0 (build 4128). Went to open Parallels, iMac completely crashed (shut down w/out rebooting)...then once I restarted the computer and tried to re-open the program, I got the same error message as Heidi:

Have e-mailed Parallels several times about this but so far they haven't responded...

6. edstorm

edstorm Bit poster