Help! How can I completely uninstall Beta 6

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dylansm, Apr 29, 2006.

1. dylansm

dylansm Member

Beta 6 is not working for me -- unfortunately after so much wonderful progress it feels like a small step backwards.

For the record, my problems are:
    -- no DHCP on en1 wireless (have to manually configure tcp/ip)
    -- no shared folder support at all

I need to revert to Beta 5. Unfortunately, uninstalling is no longer as easy as it used to be -- my network has the funky new Parallels host-guest adapter and the en2 connection can no longer use DHCP. Would you mind posting complete uninstall directions, or better yet, post a link to an uninstaller?

It would be great to be able to install a brand new copy of beta 5 while waiting for the next release. Keep up the good work!

2. HON C TSOI

HON C TSOI Bit poster

Same problem. Can't get IP assigned automatically. No Internet connection. Help!

3. mcg

mcg Hunter

I managed to get everything unintstalled except I can't seem to remove Ethernet Adaptor (en2) from the list in System Preferences > Network > Network Port Configurations.

4. RickMaddy

RickMaddy Member

Here's what I did:

1) While running Windows and logged in uninstall parallels tools by selecting VM|Install Parallels Tools... menu
    2) Shutdown Windows
    3) Exit Parallels
    4) Delete /Applications/Parallels directory
    5) Delete /Library/Receipts/Parallels*
    6) Reboot Mac (gets rid of bad network devices)
    7) Reinstall PW 2.1b5
    8) Start guest
    9) Reinstall Parallels Tools (I told it to overwrite newer files).

Done

Under System Preferences > Network I have just the adaptors I should plus the "Ethernet Adaptor (vi2)"

Windows is working just fine again with regard to networking.

5. bmcfadden

bmcfadden Bit poster

Last time install a beta before reading up on it ....

Beta6 is useless, no networking at all. I'm only sorry I jumped in so foolishly, as every other beta has been a quantum leap forward.

Thanks for the hard work Parallels, i look forward to Beta7, hopefully soon, so I can go back to enjoying your fine product.

6. brettw

brettw Member

Look at my post .... http://forum.parallels.com/thread1226.html ... in the first para you have to vi a file to get rid of all references to the network adapter. Note I couldn't find where the network adapter is wired ( /dev ? ). Don't get tempted though by /dev/vn* as someone suggested to me though as these are native to OS X and not part of networking.