Help - interactive whiteboard

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by davidacord, Nov 7, 2006.

1. davidacord

davidacord Bit poster

Hi there,

I've installed windows XP on parallels so I can (hopefully) use the interactive whiteboard in my classroom using the software ACTIVstudio on Windows. I know i can drag over the parallels window to the interactive whiteboard as a secondary montitor, which is fine, but since I need to install it and then run it on the whiteboard to allow me to use the interactive pen, will this work?

The laptop is plugged into the whiteboard and detects it like a secondary monitor, but will it detect it in windows and allow me to use the hardware on the board?

Help!

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

Why don't you just give it a go?

3. davidacord

davidacord Bit poster

I have :(

As parallels doesnt detect external monitors inside Windows, it didn't detect the interactive whiteboard. Mac OS X did, but only used it as an extra monitor as it didnt have the drivers for the interactive part of it, and windows (which DID have the drivers) didn't detect it.

Darn it.

4. airskeeter

airskeeter Bit poster

Which IWB are you using?

They are seen as USB devices not as displays. One thing that I have to do is to not plug the usb cable in and wait until my guest OS booted, then plug in. Also. you may need to disable the dirver in OSX.