Help-WinXP skips login screen under parallels never finishes loading

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by wannapc, Nov 15, 2006.

1. wannapc

wannapc Bit poster

Just purchased Parallels for Mac. Upgraded to latest version. Using MacBook C2D with WinXP Pro. Everything works fine except when I set up a password for the Administrator (original account) and have the "Use Welcome Screen" option (the default login screen with the icons next to the name) checked in user account control panel, Paralles skips over Windows login screen and stays on "Windows Starting Up" screen indefinitely (never gets to the desktop).

If I clear the password from the single administrator account, WinXP loads fine and the desktop appears.

Tried calling parallels, they said a sales engineer would call me but that never happened.

Seems like parallels is forcing a login which is not accepted by windows. Does parallels support multiple user logins under windows with passwords?

Please help as I have several people that need to login to Windows through parallels.

2. unused_user_name

unused_user_name Pro

This would be a windows problem and has nothing to do with Parallels. I've seen a real install do the same thing.

Boot the install disc and choose a "repair", that should fix it. After the repair install make sure to re-run all the patches from windows update.

3. wannapc

wannapc Bit poster

4. rphilip

rphilip Bit poster

The secret administrator account in windows xp pro

I had the same problem after clean install of xp-pro on c2d macbook pro.
    Your solution did the trick. Thanks for posting it!