Help With Connecting 5G iPod

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Apple-Z, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Apple-Z

Apple-Z Junior Member

Moved from "How to"

I'm having difficulty connecting my 5G video iPod (60 GB) to Parallels 2.5 Build 3188.0 on a 3 GHz MacPro running OS X 10.4.9 and Win XP. When I select iPod from the USB popup list, I get a "Removable Disk ( E: )" icon in My Computer folder, but if I try to open (double-click) this device, I simply get a message asking me to insert a disk into drive E:
    I also got the "New Hardware Detected" window when I plugged in the iPod, but there were no drivers to be dowloaded. The troubleshooting option was completely useless.
    What is strange is that the driver type details show the E: drive as "Apple iPod USB Device"...
    I want to run a PC only program called iPodWizard to fiddle with the iPod, but when I launch, it does not recognize any iPod connected.
    I have Parallels set to auto-detect USB devices, and the iPod checked from the list (so it's actually there...), and the E: drive device is showing as enabled at Location 0 in the "Properties" window.
    Am I missing something obvious, or is there a work around for this ? I expected the iPod would be pretty much plug & play with Windows... Couldn't find any relevant iPod threads anywhere in the forums.
    Any help appreciated :)
    Apple-Z

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2007