Hide Windows taskbar in Crystal mode

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by cappellin, Nov 17, 2009.

1. cappellin

cappellin Bit poster

I cannot hide Windows Taskbar when in Crystal mode. If "Do not use Dock area" is enable Taskbar is on the top of Dock, while if that item is unchecked it's below the Dock.
    If I enable "Auto-hide the taskbar", the Taskbar goes hidden, but when I click new Parallels folder on the Dock or click the Parallels icon in the Mac menu bar or just click on the title bar of a Windows App, then the Taskbar returns visible.
    Hope you can help me.

MacBook Pro Snow Leopard 10.6.2

2. iamchunts

iamchunts Bit poster

Alt-click the Parallels Menu Bar Icon || to open an extended menu. Choose "View" and "Hide Windows Taskbar".

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  3. Granite

Granite Junior Member

In my case, selecting "hide windows taskbar" while in coherence mode gets ignored; the task bar doesn't hide and the Parallels menu still offers the "hide windows taskbar" item as if I never selected it.

4. cgn1234

cgn1234 Bit poster

Same Problem

I'm having the same problem. When I click on the View menu as suggested above, I see the Show option, not the Hide option, but the toolbar is displayed.

/Chris

5. Sleestack

Sleestack Bit poster

I'm having the same problem. I would like to get rid of the taskbar, but following the steps suggested doesn't do the trick. Any other ideas?

6. MicaelÃ

Micaelà Bit poster

I too have the same problem.

The above suggestions does not work to remove the taskbar in crystal mode.

7. PaulS11

PaulS11 Bit poster

Same Problem

This just started for me too on Sept 30. Can no longer hide the task bar. Also, clicking on windows application shortcuts on the Mac desktop no longer works. I had some windows applications Kept in the dock. Clicking on them shows the light that they are open when in fact they are not open. It appears that there is no interaction between Mac Parallels Icons and the actual Windows 7 OS.

As you can see in my image, the dock reports that Internet Explorer is open in Windows, but since I can't get the taskbar to integrate, you can also see that it is not actually open.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012