Home/End and arrow keys in XP

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Mark Litherland, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Mark Litherland

Mark Litherland Bit poster

I'm using Parallels 4.0 on a MacBook Pro with an external Apple extended keyboard (with number pad and editing keys), and an XP VM. My problem is in Windows, the Home and End keys on the keyboard are mapped as the left and right arrow keys. I use these keys all the time when editing text, and they are very important to me. Unfortunately I can't remap them because it remaps the arrow keys too, and I need the arrow keys to function normally. Is there any way to get the home/end keys working properly (beginning of line/end of line) while still keeping the normal arrow key functionality too? I've tried Parallels preferences, DoubleCommand setting up a DefaultKeyBinding file. None of those work. I've also tried remapping the keys within XP itself and that also doesn't work because it thinks the home/end and left/right arrows are the same keys! Thanks.

Mark

2. Mark Litherland

Mark Litherland Bit poster

Guess I'm the only one who wants both working Home/End keys and arrow keys in Windows? I'm contacting Parallels support too, hopefully I'll figure something out.

3. DouglasB

DouglasB Bit poster

Mark,

You are not the only one!

fn-End and fn-Home works the same on the V-PC as End and Home do on a regular PC. It would be nice to be able to just reprogram End and Home keys to behave is if the fn key was also down.

doug