host crash on full screen shutdown of guest OS on secondary screen

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by jordan314, Oct 24, 2007.

1. jordan314

jordan314 Junior Member

Hiya,
    I'm running windows XP on parallels 3.0 build 5160 on a new 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo 24 inch aluminum iMac in OS X 10.4.10. Parallels is running on a second screen (Acer 22 in. x221w via mini-DVI to DVI adapter).
    If I shut down Windows XP while in full screen mode on the secondary monitor, after windows shuts down, my OS X first desktop stretches across both screens and appears zoomed in on the center of the wallpaper. My mouse boundaries are limited to the screen's meaning I can't "reach" or see either the apple menu or the dock. Using keyboard shortcuts I can get to system preferences > displays but can't see the display setup because it is off the top edge of the screen. Eventually the whole system just shuts down. I am always able to reproduce this. If I shut down XP in windowed mode it works fine.
    I'd file a bug report but can't find a form. I tried googling parallels bug and found this: http://forums.parallels.com/thread7257.html . I get that garbage on the main screen too sometimes, but this crash is more important to me.
    Thanks,
    Jordan