Hot new announcement from Parallels, soon?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Copilot, May 10, 2007.

1. Copilot

Copilot Member

According to HardMac:
    http://www.hardmac.com/news/2007-05-10/#6753

"Last but not least, Parallels told us to stay tuned for really hot announcement in the next few days... for sure native embedded 3D support of windows would strengthen Parallels as the key virtualization solution on Mac, without mentioning that Apple might decide to install it by default on some hardware too..."

Parallels is about to announce very hot news in a few days.
    3D support perhaps?

Wishful thinking, but hope it comes to pass : )

2. Horizontal

Horizontal Member

Maybe they're going to announce that Apple have bought them out and are incorporating this technology into Leopard.

3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

with release of Leopard not a million miles away, I'd expect the feature set to have been confirmed and frozen a good while back.... It would be hard to throw in such a major new feature at this late stage of development and QA

4. Horizontal

Horizontal Member

Of course, maybe that was one of the secrets Apple didn't want to reveal, but may be revealing at the WWDC.

5. franc12

franc12 Bit poster

Wouldn't be surprised if it was to make part of leopard- leopard was supposed to have native support for bootcamp- think about this- would apple rather have users access windows through os x or at start up?

6. Tony Arnold

Tony Arnold Member

Which would mean the announcement wouldn't be happening in a "few days". Apple are hardly likely to let something that big slip _before_ WWDC - no, I'm going to place my money on announcement of the feature set for Parallels Desktop 3.0 (with a private beta).

Either way, it's funny to see how much I've become dependent on virtualisation software (and how much I hanker for new releases of Parallels and VMware each month!).

7. drval

drval Pro

FWIW, that is what I understand will be happening.

8. roadkill_97006

roadkill_97006 Junior Member

Apple has announced that Leopard will be delayed until October, due to the introduction of the iPhone. While I wouldn't be surprised if they do roll it in, the heat will be somewhat cooled by the release. I hope it's something we can use NOW.

Jim

9. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

in the parallels blog
    one apple reseller is selling 'puters with parallels and WinXP preinstalled

great for IT managers

Hugh W
    Hugh W