How can I mount a USB disk?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dr.benouaiche, Feb 26, 2007.

1. dr.benouaiche

dr.benouaiche Bit poster

Hi,
    I tried to connect a usb disk BUT Parallels doesn't see it. The external usb disk doesn't mount.
    How can I manage to make it appear ? thks
    Gilbert

2. PeterP

PeterP Member

3. dr.benouaiche

dr.benouaiche Bit poster

Thks BUT I am using a multimedia disk (USB) which is formatted in NTFS........and Tiger doesn't recognize NTFS disks........so that solution doesn't work for me :(
    I could format it in Fat32 but it is not possible because I need NTFS :mad: :mad:
    So it is impossible for Parallels to natively recognize external disks ......:confused:

4. PeterP

PeterP Member

Don't know why you can't mount it to Parallels, but ...

1. Not sure that it matters whether "OS X" can read the disk, only that it can mount it. Once it is in a "/Volumes/[USB Drive]" mount point, then Parallels Shared Folders can map it.

2. If "OS X" can't mount it, then there is a tool that can be found on the web that lets OS X read NTFS disks -- not sure what it's called, somone else may be able to provide that info, or search for "OS X" and NTFS in Google. Once it's mounted and readable by "OS X", then see point 1.

Peter.

5. dr.benouaiche

dr.benouaiche Bit poster

OK, I'll try it and let you know.
    Thks again
    Gilbert